Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

How to setup to sequence several external instruments

LouisWu13LouisWu13 Hamburg - GermanyPosts: 12
edited March 2018 in Deluge Help

Hello to everybody here in this forum. I received my Deluge two days ago and having a lot of fun with it.

My question is more of a general kind: how do you connect several devices to get sequenced by the Deluge?

At the moment I have a DSI Prophet Rev2 connected via direct Midi in / Midi Out and that does work as expected. I would also like to connect a Novation Circuit and my PC (Ableton Live - serveral VST Instruments) and use the deluge as a sequencer. How are you doing that? Do you use kind of a Midi hub to achieve that? Or could I just connect the Deluge via Midi In/Out to my Focusrite Audio-Interface and do the routing to this midi from within Ableton Live (where the other instruments are available via USB-Midi)?

I would appreciate your suggestions and ideas.

Kind regards from nearby Hamburg - Uwe

Post edited by LouisWu13 on
Tagged:

Comments

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 502
    edited March 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on

@alien_brain said:
    buy a midi thru box with 1 in and 6 outs or set up a midi network like copperlan or get a motu midi patchbay, or daisy chain your instruments via the midi thru or use usb from deluge to the puter and then use as many usb throughs or midi outs as you like.

Thank you very much for this list!

Does the Deluge support midi over USB? Cause when connecting it with my PC, it doesn't show up as a MIDI device in Ableton Live...

@alien_brain said:
    check out the manual yet? yeah it does but you never can tell with the deluge whats goin on. sometimes working sometimes doing mysterious things...

Actually, I did read the manual, but as the device did not show up in my PC I thought, it's an issue... - and yes, I am expecting a few obstacles - early adapter's fate :-)

Thank you for your help!

Shame on me! I used a "dead" USB connection for the Deluge! As soon as I made it right, Midi via USB worked! :-)