Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Follow the Playhead across to next screen/bar

if your screen followed your Playhead across to the next screens/bars you have arranged it would help greatly when making full length songs.
also a start playback from specific place like you are able to in a daw would be handy
in a daw you just click a place in your arranged song and hit space bar and the playback starts from there.

Tagged:

Comments

BobbiPeruBobbiPeru Oakland, CAPosts: 22

+1

AudioroticAudiorotic SeattlePosts: 21

+1

FrankenlegFrankenleg Rio Rancho, NM, USAPosts: 3

+1

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

You can start playback from any position within a track, just scroll to where you wish to start from, press down the <> knob and push play.

FaschingsPrinzFaschingsPrinz ViennaPosts: 21

+1 for view following playhead please

llexamllexam USABeta Tester Posts: 73
    edited May 2018

+1 Playhead/cursor follow is a feature that is expected in a device that advertises itself as a 'sequencer'. Very misleading, unfortunately. Synthstrom should correct this. [edit: as an option against current behavior]

Post edited by llexam on
    jbone1313jbone1313 Posts: 39

Agree this should be an option. But, I would hate to lose the current behavior, as it too is quite handy.

benlbenl United StatesPosts: 2

I ran into this issue almost immediately upon getting started with the Deluge. Any plans for this feature?

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 296
    edited May 2019

deluge was updated awhile back, so now the "cross-screen" button enables a following playback head in arranger mode.

Post edited by minigoat on
    benlbenl United StatesPosts: 2

I read the documentation on cross-screen and don't see anything about playhead following, particularly in clip view... am I missing something?

SnutoSnuto GermanyPosts: 4

+1

OllieOllie SeattlePosts: 14

Just so its crystal clear, the proposed feature could mean having a setting to switch from the current playback style to one where the play head is stationary and the notes/clips move instead. It would be great to set the playhead where you wanted both on the pads and in time, and press play, which moves the notes/clips from right to left.
    Thanks!

CarlJohnFranzCarlJohnFranz United KingdomPosts: 10

I was thinking about this today.

Also I wish the horizontal scroll worked like the vertical scroll linear rather than by page.

GallyGally SeattlePosts: 8

Hello! I was trying to start a new discussion but for some reason it wouldnt let me. This is the closest feature request i could find to my own suggestion.

It would be great if when in waveform editing view, the displayed waveform jumped to which ever pad you pushed last. This would make chopping and editing samples incredibly faster. Currently you have to back out of the waveform edit, select the next pad, then jump back into waveform edit again to edit the next one.

Example: load song/recording into kit and slice to 32 samples. Press first pad, set start point. Press second pad, set start point. Press third pad set start point. Etc.

I hope this all makes sense.

IkloosharIklooshar Uk norfolkBeta Tester Posts: 10

+1 for view following playhead please