Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Possible to set the default velocity?

The default velocity is 64, but is it possible to set a different value, if not per song then as a global value?

Comments

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 247
    Not yet. There are a number of post requesting this though.
    Search velocity and/or global defaults in the forum to up vote your favourite/s.
    rdorscherdorsche New York, USAPosts: 10

Call me silly, but where is the search function for this forum? I don't see a text search option

SamSam WellingtonModerator, Staff Posts: 160

Hi @pirxthepilot and @MatthewGeorge! You might be excited to find out that setting velocities for multiple notes is available in the latest beta and will be coming in the official 2.0 release.

btw, @rdorsche, just scroll up to the top bar and click on the word "Search" :smile:

jbone1313jbone1313 Posts: 39

@Sam - you set velocity for multiple notes in 1.4 by holding them down simultaneously and turning the knob?

In 2.0, will you be able to set a default velocity, so that each new note entered uses that value?

SamSam WellingtonModerator, Staff Posts: 160

@jbone1313 Sorry! I didn't really describe the feature properly! Velocity for note creation and auditioning now defaults to that of the last sequence-note touched (per instrument). So if you wanted a default of 127, simply set the first note to 127 and each note after that will be created at a velocity of 127 :smile:

rdorscherdorsche New York, USAPosts: 10

btw, @rdorsche, just scroll up to the top bar and click on the word "Search" :smile:

derp. saw that after post. thank you :/