Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Potential purchaser noob questions

Hi Delugers,

I'm considering buying a Deluge to partner with my TR-8S for live techno jams. I'd mainly be looking at the Deluge for playing back sample based instruments and sample loops that were already at the correct tempo and didn't require stretching.

I have a few questions and I apologise in advance if they have been answered elsewhere but I did some Googling and looked at the manual but couldn't find an obvious answer.

1. Is sample playback stereo?
  2. If I wanted to have a whole 'set' of material loaded and simply move between 'scenes' of sequences without loading new songs during the set, what's the best way to map this onto the Deluge's workflow
  3. If I use a looped sample taken post oscillator mixer from something like DIVA, how easy is it to get to a reasonable sounding VA style patch?
  4. How easy is it to improvise stuff on the fly with Deluge?

Thanks for your help in answering the above, I'm sure there will be more questions...

Kind regards,

Joe

Answers

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 247
    1. Yes
    2. This is a hot topic at the moment.,,
    3. Really easy. And the internal synth engines are pretty good at some nice VA sounds.
    4. Easy. After a few months I had memorised the shortcuts.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 247
    edited March 2018
    So yeah RE: 2 check out the song mode threads and also this video may be of interest to you also.
    Post edited by MatthewGeorge on
    The user and all related content has been deleted.