Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

1.4: samples default synth only?

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

in kit default is still once, seems to apply to synth only (cut, loop) ? sad...

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

No? If the sample is longer than 2 secs, it defaults to cut, if shorter than 20 ms it defaults to loop

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

you are right. it just does not default to loop in kit mode. defaults to once if shorter than (i guess) 2 secs.
    not optimal for me as i use the slicer a lot to extract short samples.
    have to say, i have no use for once mode at all.

The user and all related content has been deleted.

yeah that would be a really great to have. at first i expected affect entire to behave like this, the naming affect entire is a bit misleading, effectively u gain access to a seperate fx chain. u cant change any individual params with affect entire. “master/track fx“ might be a better naming,

SamSam WellingtonModerator, Staff Posts: 160

Hi @amiga909! The default "Loop" setting for samples under 20ms was intentionally for synth tracks only, although we appreciate the feedback :smile:

edited March 2018

thanks Sam. maybe not my best feedback. its already a good improvement, after a second thought i guess most users prefer once mode for drum patterns. makes sense. however, i just happen to switch sample modes a LOT since i love to slice :) perfect solution for me would be a config option as mentioned in an old feature request. http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/283/global-defaults-menu#latest

Post edited by amiga909 on