Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

"Scrub" mode for editing sample start/end points

hardwarecorehardwarecore wisconsinBeta Tester Posts: 22

What I mean by this is fairly simple in concept, I have no idea if it would be too taxing on the processor or anything like that.

Basically, you would set a sample's start and end points as usual to determine the region of the audio that will play. But then, you could hold "shift" while adjusting the start point and, as you do so, it would adjust the sample's endpoint by the same amount so that the audio region that is playing back would remain the same size. Even better if we could modulate this with p-locks, envelopes and/or LFO's, but I'd be ecstatic even with just manual editing.

Application: Putting dozens or even hundreds of single cycle waveforms into one long sample chain, setting a very short region to "loop" playback to use as your synth waveform. Now, of course, most of us are familiar with this type of synthesis and the Deluge seems to handle it very well. BUT if you could easily move through the sample chain, you would be able to pinpoint an extraordinary number of different timbres in this way.

Of course, this effect can be achieved now, but it involves editing your endpoint, going back to the start point parameter and editing that by the same amount and repeating until you find that sweet spot. But imagine if we could just scroll or "scrub" our way through the waveform and dial in a sound that we like, just as you would sweep a filter. And with modulation added (if that would be possible), you could make the most beautifully complex and evolving pad sounds you can imagine. I believe this is the method the old Ensoniq's used, if I'm not mistaken.

I beg you, if you can, please make this happen. :)

Comments