Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Introduction

I'm Remy.

I make music for an indie game studio. Since I have some light sensitivity issues with my blasted eye and I have seen enough computers in my life already (I teach computing at a university...), I turned to hardware for making music.

I don't pretend to know what I'm doing a lot of the time, but I like what I get out of it.

Here's an example:

I don't intend to play the usual kind of music and I also won't be playing live. My music tends to rely on sections a lot, since it is something targeting a game soundtrack.

I found the Deluge theoretically capable, but immature for this kind of work. Still, it is currently the best thing available, as far as I could tell, so I'm stuck with it, for good, for ill, or for both. Here's hoping future firmwares will improve things for people who want to use it as a DAW replacement.

But please, don't take my complaining too seriously. To borrow a turn of phrase from Bjarne Stroustrup: "There are only two kinds of synthesizers: The ones people complain about and the ones nobody uses." The Deluge is seeing a lot of use, believe me. Criminally underrated instrument, this one...