Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Friends need help recording from an external source via audio input

GzomGzom Posts: 3
edited April 25 in Deluge Help

Friends need help recording from an external source via audio input

When recording an external synthesizer through the audio input in arrangement mode, it is not possible to obtain a finished recorded track.

I activate the audio channel, assign it to the audio input to which the external synthesizer is connected, press the record button, activate recording on the channel, press play, the recording goes on on the channel, the pads light up, but when I stop the recording they disappear (I don’t understand anything.

Post edited by Gzom on

Comments

pitchblenderpitchblender Glasgow, ScotlandPosts: 29

From page 176 of the Deluge Guidebook 4.0:

RECORDING AN AUDIO CLIP IN SONG VIEW
    1. Press [SONG] to switch to song view. Ensure audio input is set and clips are armed.
    2. [RECORD], button should be on and illuminate red.
    3. Press [PLAY]. Recording will start. Play and record buttons will be lit. All armed clips will record.
    4. The red recording cursor will travel left to right across the clip rows being recorded. Audio clips must also be unmuted/green for recording to occur.
    5. Recording will be continuous and not be limited by any length. Length is set only when previously recorded or existing audio exists when recording within a clip.
    6. Press [LAUNCH] pad of any clip row to STOP recording. This clip will be armed to stop at the end of the ‘loop’ of the original clip length. The clip will then begin to PLAY back from the start.
    NOTES

When I first got mine I often intuitively pressed the REC button to stop recording constantly with audio recording on the Deluge and was so annoyed at the audio disappearing every time I tried I gave up, but it works fine if you press any of the far-right pads within the last bar of recording. If you go past the bar length you want (say 9 instead of 8 as you were too late in pressing a LAUNCH pad) you have to edit the audio:

QUICK EDITING OF AUDIO LOOP LENGTH - TRIM / EXTEND
    1. Within [CLIP] view and the audio clip selected.
    2. Ensure the end of the waveform is in view. Turn (SCROLL◄►) to navigate across the sample width.
    3. Press [PAD] of the last column showing the waveform. The column will illuminate flashing red which represents the loop point.
    4. Press [PAD] of the column to where the loop point should be relocated.
    5. To the right of the original ‘end’ position will add silence. To the left of
    the original ‘end’ point will trim the audio.
    6. Turn (SCROLL◄►) to navigate across the sample width.
    7. Pressing a red column pad will remove the red loop point cursor / editor.
    8. The audio will NOT be time-stretched when changing loop end point.
    9. Press [PLAY] to hear the clip loop.

The Deluge is definitely a wild beast that needs time, patience and care to tame, but it's worth it!

Hope this helps :smiley:

GzomGzom Posts: 3

@pitchblender said:
    The Deluge is definitely a wild beast that needs time, patience and care to tame, but it's worth it!

Hope this helps :smiley:

It helped thanks!