Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge is failing as a midi clock for external gear

MarkWMarkW New ZealandPosts: 2

Having an issue that's preventing me being able to use my Deluge as the clock to run external gear. Every dozen or so bars the external gear will fall out of sync (as if one extra note has been added to a bar) and then corrects itself.

There's no swing on the patterns and I'm using Erica Synths Baseline, Elektrons, all high quality, gear. It's only a recent issue, and I've reinstalled the latest firmware. Anyone come across this is issue or able to help? Appreciated!

Comments

pitchblenderpitchblender Glasgow, ScotlandPosts: 28

I've noticed on YouTube videos sometimes the Deluge misses a beat on some hardware jams. I thought it was a video glitch at first but checked a few times and it was definitely the Deluge. It's not very often having said that, but still a worry if you're wanting to perfom live. I've not had any issues myself but tend to use Deluge as a slave unit. I'd love to see if other folk have encountered this.
    Elektron's MIDI clocks are well know for their stability so I'd try the Deluge as a slave/follower or whatever the term is these days. I also use a MIDI Solutions single MIDI Quadra Thru box from the Elektron box (with daisychaining using MIDI THRU only on the rest of the hardware I'm using for pads, fx etc that don't need exact timing) and it needs no extra power and is cheap.

chrisrolandchrisroland United StatesPosts: 41

i sequence multiple external hardware synths/samplers over the 16 MIDI tracks (still using the original firmware only, however) and have never encountered a timing issue. still will randomly lock up once in a while when i'm composing but generally playing back sequenced projects feels pretty rock solid

MarkWMarkW New ZealandPosts: 2

Yeh goes without syaing the Deluge is an amazing piece of kit 99% of the time, but this is a failrly essential part of it and do I rely on it live, so have had to clock the Deluge to the Elktron Analog Four for consistency which sucks. I'm just wondering if there's some kind of back slip through midi, and it's the machines I'm (en)slaving but doesn't seem to be so far.> @pitchblender said:

Elektron's MIDI clocks are well know for their stability so I'd try the Deluge as a slave/follower or whatever the term is these days. I also use a MIDI Solutions single MIDI Quadra Thru box from the Elektron box (with daisychaining using MIDI THRU only on the rest of the hardware I'm using for pads, fx etc that don't need exact timing) and it needs no extra power and is cheap.