Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

MIDI CC: Assign various Midi-CC Values to an external Midi-Device.

t0et0e Posts: 11

Hey community and developers,

needless to say you guys are doing an unbelievably good job with the community firmware.

Something I'd really looove would be the ability to map midi-cc values onto knobs of an external midi device, such as AKAI MIDI Mix, Faderfox, etc.

So basically the ability to "learn" MIDI-CC Values to external knobs.

E.g.:
AKAI Knob 1 controls MIDI CC 19 on MIDI Channel 1
AKAI Knob 2 controls MIDI CC 75 in MIDI Channel 4
etc.

Hope anyone can relate and that it's not a duplicate.

Looking forward to your thoughts!

Best!

Post edited by t0e on

Comments

seangoodvibesseangoodvibes Beta Tester Posts: 49

The regular learning method is not currently available for midi cc’s, but with midi follow you can control a clip’s midi cc’s. All you need to do is select that midi clip and your device will control it - eg cc 19 on your controller will control cc 19 in the midi clip.

hey sean,
    thank you for your reply! :)

That sounds interesting and I guess I did not find this feature yet, because on my MIDI Mix I cannot preconfigure specific ccs to specific knobs, but I understand faderfox ec4 can.

Still this would not pursue my goal.
    It would really support my workflow to be able to "learn" a specific cc of a specific midi channel and use the knobs from any view (song, clip, arranger).

Maybe I could achieve this directly via faderfox and loop its signal into the midi chain, but this way the config could not be saved in the deluge song file, leading to dedicated saves and loads on the external midi unit etc.

Since you said "not currently available" means there is a chance? ;)

Best!

seangoodvibesseangoodvibes Beta Tester Posts: 49

@t0e said:
    hey sean,
    thank you for your reply! :)

That sounds interesting and I guess I did not find this feature yet, because on my MIDI Mix I cannot preconfigure specific ccs to specific knobs, but I understand faderfox ec4 can.

Still this would not pursue my goal.
    It would really support my workflow to be able to "learn" a specific cc of a specific midi channel and use the knobs from any view (song, clip, arranger).

Maybe I could achieve this directly via faderfox and loop its signal into the midi chain, but this way the config could not be saved in the deluge song file, leading to dedicated saves and loads on the external midi unit etc.

Since you said "not currently available" means there is a chance? ;)

Best!

Yea I figured you might want to be able to control it from any view. Makes total sense.

I think it could be possible. So yes there’s a chance.

Yes, from any view and across multiple midi-out channels.
    Sorry, sometimes it's hard to describe.... ;)

pitchblenderpitchblender Glasgow, ScotlandPosts: 28

Hiya @t0e - you said above; "on my MIDI Mix I cannot preconfigure specific ccs to specific knobs" but you can edit the values using the Akai MIDImix Editor!

Here's the link to download it: https://www.akaipro.com/downloads.html#midimix

I did have one for a bit but I didn't like the feel of the knobs and overall build so I sold it.

Hope this helps :)