Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Destructive Audio Looping - Delay Looping Feedback?

hurphendalehurphendale PragueBeta Tester Posts: 41

I hope this is the correct term for what I'm looking for, I'm trying to get a proper tape-loop setup going. Using a long, continuously repeating, delay effect within the deluge. I would put together a beat, maybe some drones, and have effectively a delay loop. I can already do this (protip, set the BPM way down to somewhere between 4-12).

What I'd like to do is continuously mangle this delay loop (eg. apply stutters, filters, etc.) which feed back into the loop. This is where I'm stuck.

I was thinking one way to do this would be to set up an audio loop (either with the "output" sound source, or the left channel with a jack cable going from left out back into the input), however in order to try this I would need to set the Deluge loop to be "destructive" e.g. you give it 4 bars, but when it hits the end, it starts overwriting those same 4 bars instead of either stopping, or creating a new 4 bars and overdubbing.

Is there a way to do this? Or are there any other ideas for how I might be able to achieve this kind of feedback loop setup on the Deluge?