Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Gate outs have very low voltage, don't trigger modular clock and run inputs

modus_pwnsmodus_pwns Posts: 2
edited February 10 in Deluge Help

Hello! I'm trying to use the gate out 3 and 4 from Deluge to clock my modular. I wasn't able to get Pam's New Workout to run or clock from those, so I'm monitoring the outputs directly on a scope now. Where I expect to see a gate signal for run and clock when I hit play on Deluge, I get only a very very small voltage signal, hard to distinguish from noise unless I take my clock's voltage scale way way down - something in the range of 0.1v.

Details and things I've checked:
1. The physical gate output switch is set to 5v, so I'm expecting run and clock signals to go from 0v to 5v
2. Gate out 3 is set to 'Run signal' and gate out 4 is set to 'Clock'
3. Trigger clock output is set to 48 PPQN (which I've set Pam to expect)
4. I'm on firmware C1.0.0
5. My scope is set to an appropriate scale for seeing the signal - I've verified by checking the 1v/oct CV outs, which track on my scope as expected
6. I've tried both plugged in and unplugged from USB power

Any tips on my configuration or other things to try are very appreciated! This is core to the workflow I've been wanting to use. I've seen suggestions elsewhere on the forum to lead the clock from modular instead, but I'd really like to figure this out and have all my control flow start in the Deluge.

Thanks!

PS: Here's an image of my scope - you can see where press play to start and then stop the Deluge clock. The vertical scale is 0.1v per line, so you're seeing a noisy run signal from gate out 3 (green) and clock signal from gate 4 (blue) going from ~0v to ~0.1v, though it looks like they're behaving roughly light a gate and ppqn clock within that range.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/xz4ucl6w8i8wphrzgczzu/deluge_gate_3_4_scope.HEIC?rlkey=mrupz5humbn18gw2e4493su6t&raw=1

Post edited by modus_pwns on
Tagged: