Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge Community Firmware Change Log

seangoodvibesseangoodvibes Beta Tester Posts: 49
edited January 29 in Open Source

Wondering what's in the Deluge Community Firmware's Nightly build which will make it into our next Official Release? We got you!

We made a change log which summarizes all the changes since our first Official Release.

Our next official release will be version c1.1.0, currently codenamed Beethoven (codename subject to change).

We invite anyone looking to try out our Nightly Build and wants to help us out by providing feedback and reporting bugs :)!

Cheers and thanks from your friendly Deluge Open Source Development Team <3

https://github.com/SynthstromAudible/DelugeFirmware/blob/community/CHANGELOG.md

Post edited by seangoodvibes on

Comments

Bay_MudBay_Mud OntarioBeta Tester Posts: 128

Yes! So much awesome work being done. Thanks for everything

SteveAngstromSteveAngstrom Posts: 6
    edited February 9

Hi there, firstly thanks for all the great work on the Firmware, it's been a big part of the reason I finally bought a Deluge!

One teeny tiny comment about the 1.1.0 beta.

Added an adapted version of the reverb found in Émilie Gillet's Mutable Instruments Rings module

I might be going mad and missing something - but my Rings module doesn't have a reverb, my Clouds does though. Do you mean the clouds reverb?

Rings has 4 types of resonator and is mostly a Karplus-Strong sort of thing (string, sympathetic resonation, etc.) , but I can't imagine you are making that the default reverb. That would add a little too much personality perhaps. 😉 Not important but I thought I'd bring it up.

Thanks again!

Post edited by SteveAngstrom on
    rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 611

@SteveAngstrom check out:

@reza said:
    @SteveAngstrom check out:

Heheh, interesting, but TBH I was waiting for a surprisingly lush reverb ... and got a very tanky plate sound like I guess I actually expected from a Karplus-Strong Algo.

I'm always after reverbs which successfully DON'T have resonant nodes, and though these are really difficult to do cheaply I'm always on the hunt for them. I think all the popular reverbs of recent years such as the Soundtoys Little Plate, or the Strymon, or the Valhalla (or the Lexicon!) all strive for that specific aim. Hiding the resonances. Though obviously all computationally expensive.
    On the cheaper side we have all the old Freeverb models, which used all kinds of obfuscation to set the nodes apart, including inline chorus in the network, etc.

I think that's why the Clouds reverb was so popular (much to Emilie's dismay!) it was capable of being big, without revealing the commonly divisible delay lengths and "stuck flange" noises.

Well, if you guys are keen on that resonant metalic Karplus-strong sound by all means go for it, but I wouldn't set it as default, personally.

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 611

the one present on the deluge is an adapted version of the rings. it's not 1 to 1. there is no resonator aspect to it. it's capable of awesome lush sounds, and has some spots where you get some psuedo-delay that you can adjust parameters to remove if so desired.

other mutable reverbs may be adapted into the deuge into the future as well.

@reza said:
    the one present on the deluge is an adapted version of the rings. it's not 1 to 1. there is no resonator aspect to it. it's capable of awesome lush sounds, and has some spots where you get some psuedo-delay that you can adjust parameters to remove if so desired.

Ah, interesting. I'm confident it will all be good fun anyway. Something a bit unusual.
    Who can dislike a community firmware whatever it direction it goes!?

I look forward to the future!

seangoodvibesseangoodvibes Beta Tester Posts: 49

@SteveAngstrom said:

@reza said:

Ah, interesting. I'm confident it will all be good fun anyway. Something a bit unusual.
    Who can dislike a community firmware whatever it direction it goes!?

I look forward to the future!

Everyone that has tested the mutable reverb so far has been awestruck by how lush sounding it is. The reverb tails are so niceeee.