Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

is it possible to adjust the OLED display brightness?

Howdy_StrangerHowdy_Stranger Posts: 39
edited January 24 in General Discussion

Hey everybody

I'm in the retrofit queue and curious to hear if it's possible to adjust the OLED display brightness or not?

Post edited by Howdy_Stranger on

Best Answers

rezareza los angelesPosts: 611
    Answer ✓

there isn't a way to with the OLED display. unsure if it's possible hardware wise and not programmed though.

rezareza los angelesPosts: 611
    Answer ✓

@Howdy_Stranger said:
    Hi reza thanks so much for answering my question. I'm really sorry to hear that since I have all kinds of problems with my eyes and need to be able to adjust it.

understood, i'll ask and see if it's something that has the potential to be adjusted. do you normally reduce the brightness with the pads as well?

Answers

Hi reza thanks so much for answering my question. I'm really sorry to hear that since I have all kinds of problems with my eyes and need to be able to adjust it.

@reza said:

@Howdy_Stranger said:

understood, i'll ask and see if it's something that has the potential to be adjusted. do you normally reduce the brightness with the pads as well?

thanks so much (again) reza, I would really really love that! This would mean that I could upgrade the display :smiley:

I use the opportunity to adjust the brightness on the leds and the original display all the time. I'm sooo happy with all the small increments that are possible. I also only buy keyboards that can adjust the brightness (like OPsix e.g.).

I own the pyramid (squarp) as well, but I'm not able to use it much due to missing display brightness adjustability and the very limited possibility to adjust the brightness of the pads.

ChicoChico PortugalBeta Tester Posts: 12

I don't have eyesight problems, but I too would welcome the possibility of OLED display brightness adjustment, 1. because of display life 2. because it can be unconmfortable sometimes.

To the user who has eye problems: maybe meanwhile get some polarizing filter film to place atop the display?

Cheers