Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Playing Audio Samples in individual Tempo

TomReTomRe ÖsterreichPosts: 2

Hei there!

Maybe its a really stupid question and if so i`m sorry!

For a project i need to be able to play and stop audio samples individually, so I wanna use the deluge like a classic sampler (like a SP404 for example) in the new Grid view.

For far i have two "problems":

1) I could find out if its possible to change the tempo of my audio Samples individually.
Adjusting the Tempo via the "Tempo" wheel is obvious always global.
One Sample has 120bpm, the other one 90bpm, so if i switch from one Sample to another its completely stretched..

2) One Sample is quite long, so if i wanna stop it and start another Sample it plays the whole Sample until it stops.
I Know that how it should be! But i was wondering if there is an option to stop immediately, lets say "Repeats 0".

So my Questions are:

Is there a possibility to adjust the tempo of each Sample individually?
Is it possible to let the Sample stop immediately after i deactivate it without having to wait until the whole sample has been played through? (i know i could just stop the playing by pressing the play button)

Maybe I`m trying to use the deluge way out of its comfort zone but I just wanna make the most out of this wonderful box :)

Thanks in advance!

Comments

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 611

so instead of using audio clips (which always timestretch to tempo), you can load all your samples into a kit instead. they will be unstretched by default (which is maybe what you want? you can adjust the SPEED per row and if you switch on PITCH/SPEED to INDEPENDENT or LINKED it will either only affect the speed without affect pitch or affect both speed and pitch.)

set each sample mode to ONCE (hold AFFECT ENTIRE while turning SELECT to highlight ONCE and all samples in the kit will be set to that at the same time). set polyphony to CHOKE (with same AFFECCT ENTIRE method above) and they will all cut each other off if another sample is played/triggered.

if you want to have control of these from the SONG level you could make only one sample trigger in one clip, then duplicate the clip in SONG view and enter the new clip and make the next sample the only one trigger. then from SONG view you can launch each sample individually.

TomReTomRe ÖsterreichPosts: 2

Hei Reza!

Thank you soo much for your answer, i will try it out right away! You already helped me a lot!!

Thank you again so much and have a good day! :)