Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Assigning external MIDI controller pads to a ROW within a KIT causes multiple issues

StossStoss Saint Paul, MinnesotaBeta Tester Posts: 14

This is an issue I brought up when beta testing quite some time ago. Back then Rohan said he didn't have immediate plans for fixing it, but I'm wondering with the open source situation if maybe one of you wizards could sort it out. I lack the skills to do this work but would love it if my Deluge had these issues fixed. It would make having a 16 pad controller sitting to the right of it with the awesome view of all programmed parts on the D a really unique drum machine. Thanks!

ISSUE 1: Normally, scrolling through KIT presets will always keep the lowest ROW of each KIT in the same place, with different varying amounts of ROWs within different KITs all being shown above that lowest ROW. After assigning a MIDI Note to the lowest ROW in one of my KITs, I've got one specific KIT that will rearrange the location of its ROWS, putting many below what should be the lowest. If I assign an additional MIDI Note to one of the ROWs below what should be the lowest ROW, when I now go to the other presets, it will rearrange all of the other presets to have one of their ROWs now below what should be the lowest ROW (for example, moving many of the Snares below the Kicks). Beyond this specific example, I've seen other oddities in ROW rearrangements after assigning MIDI notes to ROWs within KITs and then scrolling through presets (some of which are in a nested folder).

ISSUE 2: When assigning multiple MIDI Notes to ROWs within a KIT, if I switch to a different preset of a KIT that has less ROWs than what I have assigned in the first KIT, it will add ROWs above the existing ROWs that show NONE to equal the number ROWs that have had MIDI Notes assigned to them. For example... KIT "A" has 16 ROWs. I assign MIDI Notes to the first 8 ROWs (Lowest and above). I switch to preset KIT "B" which only contains 4 ROWs. But, now KIT "B" has 8 ROWs. The original 4 are there in the lowest position, but now there are 4 more above those that now say "NONE" when you preview them.