Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Start audio recording from current screen

grwipgrwip Posts: 1
edited September 2023 in Deluge Help

Hello all,

I know that I can start playback from current screen in arranger mode by pressing <> and play. I would like to do the exact same thing when recording but this does not seem to work. Here is a description of what I am doing:

• I have a long audio clip I already recorded in track 1
  • I create a new audio track 2 and arm the recording for this track
  • I press record (record is on)
  • I want to start recording my second track from bar 16, so I move to bar 16 using <>, then press <> + play

What happens: the playback starts at the current position but there is no audio recording happening on track 2
What I expect: the playback starts at the current position with track 2 recording audio

If I press play instead of <> + play, the playback starts at the beginning and track 2 is recording audio as expected.

Any clue?

Thanks in advance!

Post edited by grwip on
Tagged:

Comments

pitchblenderpitchblender Glasgow, ScotlandPosts: 28

Hello, I'm just getting my head around the Deluge's audio functions, and I think that audio clips are fixed length once the first one is recorded, and you have to record from the song's zero point. Apart from just recording silence live up to the new recording point, the only way to delay the start of an audio track is to put one in arranger screen or record audio into arranger direct.
    I think the designers wanted the 'song' mode to be a load of chunks (clips) you then either manipulate live or import/record to the arranger, so the arranger mode is more like an actual song mode and the song mode is more like the Ableton session mode... and just to add to the confusion I think there's going to be an Ableton session view available in the next firmware!
    I also think that's why they renamed the 'track' mode to 'clip' mode on the Deluge from v3.

I believe you can punch in live recording anywhere in the arranger screen though, using the 'append recording' feature, though I haven't tried it yet. It's in the manual but only a single reference to this function.
    I've been a bit p-d off when trying to record audio into an empty audio clip and not pressing the mute pad to stop (as I was on a different screen) and losing the whole recording when I press REC or PLAY to stop, but it's early days for me.

Hope this helps a bit :smile: