Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Strange clip behavior in song mode

EdREdR Dallas TX USAPosts: 51

I've got a song I've divided into sectional clips -intro, verse/chorus, end verse 1 , end verse 2, bridge, etc...
In song mode I can start with the intro and press play, then press the verse/chorus button to queue up that section to play after the intro is done, and then when it's begun playing, i press the button for end verse one, and it starts playing, so i press th4e button for verse/chorus again, and when the verse chorus section is playing, i press the button for verse 2 end, and as soon as the verse/chorus section reaches the length of the verse 2 end clip, it stops playing and starts playing the verse 2 end clip.
I have tried deleting the verse 2 end clip and recreating it, and done the same for the verse/chorus clip, but any time i play the verse/chorus clip and queue up the verse 2 end clip, it always switches to that clip after it reaches the length of the verse 2 end clip, which is 7 bars, while the verse/chorus clip is 27 bars. anyone got an idea of what i am doing wrong?
I'd be happy to upload the song or email it to someone who could take a look.

Comments

EdREdR Dallas TX USAPosts: 51

this happens when a long clip is played, then a short clip is played, then the long clip is played again, and if I queue up anther short clip to play after th elong clip too early, it will switch to th ehsort clip at the length of the short clip. if i wait until the long clip is playing its last few measures ( with less than the length of the short clip that's queued) it does fine.

wacky stuff.

i have 200 or so measures of this song entered, on one instrument, and now i want to enter the bass parts it their own clips.My head hurts already;)