Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Problems since OLED retrofit and firmware update

simonbrdlysimonbrdly United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 24

Since my retrofit, I have been experiencing a few fairly random freezes, but one is now reproducible:

Record long (test file is 1'44'') audio to row in Song mode and then save as Clip when saving the song.
Make new Kit
Load (long) audio file - (short files seem ok)
Select slice - any number > execute
FREEZE

Notes:
I tried loading the same file as a sample for new synth and it works fine, so it is not something wrong with the audio file/SD.

If I use Synth to record audio or Resample function, I can use/slice long files without a problem.

Is it something to do with the way Song/audio is recorded?

Either way, the Kit/slice function crashes when trying to slice long files recorded in Song mode.
[I have also noticed that sometimes if a long-ish file manages to get through slice to new kit, it lands up with a single slice in row 1 and the others are blank and not possible to edit start/end points- again no problem with shorter files]

Any ideas?

Comments

QuestorQuestor New England, USAPosts: 8

Is this still happening?

Can you post the audio file so I can try?

simonbrdlysimonbrdly United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 24

@Questor said:
    Is this still happening?

Can you post the audio file so I can try?

Sorry for delay - I've had loads of issues that were hardware related since I posted this. Now the amazing team at Synthstrom NZ have sorted out everything!