Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Default midi mapping for currently selected clip

kleinstarkleinstar germanyBeta Tester Posts: 51

Hi,

I am planning an implementation of a default midi mapping which applies on the current selected clip.
Pretty much in the same way the things work on elektron devices.

It could work like this:
Setting up one Midi channel in settings (..Auto mapping channel..) - on this channel a Midi table applies just for the selected clip or kit. This could include Notes for kit rows by number to play drums with pads and notes play the selected synth clip.

Due to the multiple clip architecture of the deluge - I guess, that this is the only way of implementing a predefined midi mapping -there can be just the selected clip with a predefined midi table.

This would be a very big deal for everyone I guess: We could map a controller, go in a clip and instantly change all parameters.
I find, that I am really lazy with changing shortcut-parametes.

I think this would take me forever to implement - but the experienced guys will help me.

What do you think?

Tagged:

Comments

n3ptun3sn3ptun3s GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 10
    edited July 2023

This sounds very nice and would remove the hustle to map basic stuff each and every time...

Post edited by n3ptun3s on
    kleinstarkleinstar germanyBeta Tester Posts: 51

And now - the deluge did become really handy - it works like charm :) Thank you very much Mr. SeanGoodVibes!

seangoodvibesseangoodvibes Beta Tester Posts: 49

@kleinstar said:
    And now - the deluge did become really handy - it works like charm :) Thank you very much Mr. SeanGoodVibes!

You're welcome :smile: <3