Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Audio Clips Dropping Out

BarleyPassableBarleyPassable Sydney Australia Posts: 1

Hey Brainstrust!
Got a bit of an issue that’s causing some problems for our live set at the moment and after some solutions that can smooth it all out.
At the moment, the deluge is working as the brain and sending midi info to our 707, Model D, and Rev 2 throughout the entire set. Some of the songs in the set we trigger sections through clip view, but other songs we run in song view and just play without triggering anything. In the songs that just run in song view, the deluge will also play a single audio file of track that has various BV’s, extra synths and percussion to juice it up and make it similar to the recordings. We run this pre-mixed single audio file as a single clip on a new drum kit, that goes for the length of the song.
We export the files as a bounce from Logic Pro as a 48k Wav File with a file size of roughly 35 MB.
Our issue is that even though we set the priority of the clip to High Priority, sometimes it will just drop out mid way through the song and we’ll have to click into the specific clip and re-trigger it.
Previously we had been running multiple different audio files within the drum kit that contained seperated percussion/BVs/Risers ect and we found that to be even more prone to clips dropping out.
Is there any way we can solve this dropping out issue? Setting the priority to extra high? Or is it worth clearing out the SD card of any unused samples / songs when we play live?
We know all gear has limitations and understand that there might be no fix for this, but so far the deluge has constantly pushed past all of our doubts and there seems to be a solve for every problem.
Thanks very much,
Barley Passable

Comments

milkformycoconutmilkformycoconut GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 31

Hm, i have posted a month ago about this topic, but i am surprised not many people respond to it.
    Hope this will get more traction since i haven't had time to do it. Will try today

Here is a page you can check if this matches your issue
    https://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/comment/22980#Comment_22980

duncandisorderlyduncandisorderly london/madridPosts: 19

did you try 'defragging' the sd card by wiping it & putting the files back on again?
    I've wondered if there's some background process that moves things in & out of ram from the sd card while a longer song is playing, especially with long audio clips. I need this to work too...