Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Navigate to specific folders for saving kits/synths (OLED)

simonbrdlysimonbrdly United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 24

Sorry if this has already been asked somewhere, but I can't find it: on the Deluge, is there a way to save a modified kit/synth to a different (existing) folder other than the one the patch is in? i.e. is there a way to navigate through the folder system to the place you wish to save (OLED version)?

Comments

chrisrolandchrisroland United StatesPosts: 41

even only ever working in the OLED system a little over a month now, not much about the file navigation feels very intuitive (at least compared to other similar devices).

@chrisroland said:
    even only ever working in the OLED system a little over a month now, not much about the file navigation feels very intuitive (at least compared to other similar devices).

My retrofit just arrived, and seems much easier, BUT it doesn't seem obvious how to navigate to save in folders other than the original one the modified preset. I am assuming this is the same for the 7-seg. It's never been a problem before because I haven't been using custom folders.

edited July 2023

OK - Chat gpt !!! came up with this which works fine for saving into folders on the same level as the preset, but what about when you have to navigate upwards -from inside a folder with no other folders to a folder on a higher level as than the one you're in?

To save a modified preset to a different folder on the Deluge, you can follow these steps:

Select the preset you want to modify from the preset browser.
    Make your desired changes and adjustments to the preset.
    Press the "Save" button or navigate to the "Save" option in the menu.
    The device will prompt you to enter a new name for the modified preset.
    Use the navigation controls to choose the destination folder where you want to save the preset.
    Confirm the save action, and the modified preset will be saved to the selected folder with the new name.

Post edited by simonbrdly on
    rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 611

1) hit save kit/synth (remember the title of the preset you want to save)
    2) hit BACK
    3) scroll or type letters to find the folder you want to save the preset to and enter it via pressing SELECT encoder or hitting enter key on alphanumeric keyboard
    (if you want to make a new folder type the name of the new folder, then press and hold the SELECT encoder, confirm creation)
    4) type the title you want to save the preset as
    5) confirm save via pressing SELECT encoder, SAVE, or hitting enter.

@reza said:
    1) hit save kit/synth (remember the title of the preset you want to save)
    2) hit BACK
    3) scroll or type letters to find the folder you want to save the preset to and enter it via pressing SELECT encoder or hitting enter key on alphanumeric keyboard
    (if you want to make a new folder type the name of the new folder, then press and hold the SELECT encoder, confirm creation)
    4) type the title you want to save the preset as
    5) confirm save via pressing SELECT encoder, SAVE, or hitting enter.

Thanks, reza - I think it just looked like I was exiting the save, key step = remember name and type it in!