Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Audio Sync with Ableton/Any DAW before pressing Play on Deluge (DAW Grid Synced recording)

JonHJonH United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 13

I recently purchased a Midronome midi clocking device which is now my master clock. The key feature I like is being able to get a clock sync (basically an audio file playing in DAW) with the Midronome first, and then Pressing Play on the Midronome device which is Midi connected to the Midi IN on Deluge (in Slave mode). With some slight offsets for DAW latency am finally able to get external devices sequenced by Deluge recording into Ableton ON THE GRID! With the Deluge already running a really stable clock, was hoping this Audio Syncing capability could run directly on the Deluge instead and could remove the need for the Midronome all together.

Comments

henninghenning Posts: 1

Hi,

I am not quite sure if I understand what you want the Deluge to do for this feature suggestion.

Do you mean it should be able to sync its internal midi clock to an incoming audio signal? And from there send midi clock and transport/start/stop to other devices?

JonHJonH United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 13

Hi - yes exactly that. So use line in port on Deluge to receive the audio clock (which is by far the most stable way for PC/DAW to send clock) and then when pressing play on Deluge it waits until the first beat of a bar from audio to send upstream devices midi and CV/Gate start/clock. Note, at moment when Deluge is midi clock slave, the Deluge does not forward clock signal out of Gate ports (CV port 3) but it does send a Run signal (CV port 4). Not sure why this is, but Ian acknowledged andbsaid would be a good candidate to fix in open source dev if possible.