Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Default midi mapping

rovargasrovargas SpainBeta Tester Posts: 12

Hi
As many of you, I have many synths presets and now I would like to add a common Midi Mapping to all my existing synth presets.
Is there any way to set a default midi mapping that will be applied to all existing synths that does not have an explicit midi map defined?
if not, I noticed that saving a midi mapping creates a new section with all the mapping details in the synth XML file. I was thinking on using notepad++ to add this midi mapping details in all my synths XML files, but Notepad++ can run a batch only adding a sentence not a whole paragraph/section. Is there any tool that can be used to add this paragraph/section in all my existing synths XML files?

Comments

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 611

there isn't currently a way to set a default midi map to all existing unmapped synths.

i'm sure there's a tool out there for what you are looking for, although i'm not the best person to ask.

however, consider that if you have all synths mapped to the same external midi controller (this includes the same midi channel), then if you load 3 different synths into a project, one knob turning on your midi device will effect each synth at the same time.

rovargasrovargas SpainBeta Tester Posts: 12

You're aboslutely right. Although being very flexible, having to manually define every time the midi mapping is a pain. It would be nice to have a default one...

BTW, sorry for bombarding. When I posted the question I got no feedback and thought it was not working.

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 611

i think the solution could come via open source. having a menu to attach a midi template to a given click (and be able to adjust the midi channels for all learned knobs at once) would do the trick. i'm sure it would be a decent undertaking though.

Phoebus1966Phoebus1966 AntwerpPosts: 52

if not, I noticed that saving a midi mapping creates a new section with all the mapping details in the synth XML file.

Can you show how to save the midi mapping in Deluge? I can't find it in the manual.