Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Randomisation algorithms

Another cool feature that would be interesting to see on the Deluge would be a Randomisation feature, i'll point you to a groovebox that implements this very well, the Polyend Play -

You can select full tracks or just select a number of steps and randomise those samples from the sample folder, by an octave or 2, by texture (cutoff/resonance), volume etc...

Comments

vivibvivib CanadaPosts: 1

Yes that'd be super awesome!

duncandisorderlyduncandisorderly london/madridPosts: 19

+1
    not just for the sounds in a kit, but also loops....

first example- I have a collection of single-hit drum samples. the sort of detail I go into is to have left-hand & right-hand hits separated, as well as the usual different velocities/timbres/volumes. in the snare folders (one for each hand) I might have half a dozen or ten samples. on the 'play' I can get it to pick one at random. some sort of round-robin feature would be ideal, but even random is better that fixed. atm I have to randomise volume & filter settings, & it's not convincing me.

second example- I get a groove going & start banging around on a guitar or bass, recording loops into the deluge. I end up with maybe half a dozen or so good takes, & delete the rest. but I don't want to have to manually place these audio clips in an arrangement- again, a round-robin or random selection would liven the piece up & make it different every time, if that's what I want.

on the 'play', it is incumbent on the user to keep the folder structure suitably organised, or live with the results if (say) you fill your snare folder with random noises.
    at the moment, this functionality is the one thing keeping me from selling the 'play' & migrating all my drum sounds into the deluge.