Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Clip groups for saveable midi mappings

One issue I think we’ve all discussed is how cumbersome it can be to have to map your external midi controllers whenever you create new clips or start new projects.

So I was thinking, what if we can assign clips to a group. Then when you map your external controller, you’re mapping it to settings for the clips in that group.

So any clip that is added to a group becomes controllable by the group mapping that was previously saved.

Also just to clarify, in terms terms of groups I’m thinking of something different then the colour groups we have now.

Im thinking that you assign a group identification # to a clip that would show on the screen.

And behind the scenes you’d have a midi mapping table that maps:

• group id #
  • Controller
  • MIDI channel
  • Cc #’s to parameters
  • Notes
  • Etc

It would be great if we could almost just plug and play our external controllers when we use the deluge by using something like this.

I got inspired by the dirty wave m8’s midi mapping tables and would love to see if we could achieve something similar!

Tagged:

Comments

kleinstarkleinstar germanyBeta Tester Posts: 51

Hey,

I think your idea is a bit too complicated. But for me this topic is the most important as well.

What about having a default-mapping-table which applies on a selectable channel for the current selected clip/synth and kit?
    So we could just map our controllers and it would control the selected thing. At devices from another company this works really nice if once set up. This default-mapping at an "auto channel" could coexist with the existing mapping strategy.

The advantage of your idea would be the ability to apply own different mappings for different controllers.

For me and probably others - the topic of having control over parameters without shortcuts would be the best improvement.. beneath the crashes.

There are also other discussions with that topic..

https://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/1323/more-or-even-all-paremeters-midi-controllable#latest