Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Compressor / better fx

jensgjensg Berlin, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 297

If possible, a compressor would be a dream.

Maybe something like the sp404 vinyl sim or the any good „analog sounding“ Compressor on the master bus would be a godsend.

If also it would be possible to upgrade the FX section, especially the reverb and the delay (dry / wet).

It would bring the deluge to new sonic territory.

Comments

staticsanstaticsan SydneyPosts: 1

I agree there is scope to do more with the existing effects. I was wanting a Leslie speaker effect the other week. It could be as a selectable one in the existing Phaser, Chorus, Flanger list.

LightyearLightyear GermanyPosts: 28

+1 for Compressor

dzaxydzaxy ukPosts: 13

Maybe some more flexibility with fx chain and FX mod/lfo destination

sinknoodlessinknoodles Vancouver, CanadaPosts: 32

+! for effects upgrade , different types of reverb : spring , plate etc
    especially given the lack of external outs

djAziddjAzid AmsterdamPosts: 199

Don't forget different filters (roland/moog/sequential/some others). And add 6 / 18 dB slopes.

luis_costaluis_costa PortugalBeta Tester Posts: 28

@sinknoodles said:
    +! for effects upgrade , different types of reverb : spring , plate etc
    especially given the lack of external outs

Another vote for this, the lackluster FX have always been the biggest turnoff on the Deluge for me. And that includes the saturation too!

arxarx Posts: 6

From dev perspective, the issues here are:

• how to port existing digital signal processing algorithms into Deluge so that the CPU can manage that. We need to have CPU load meter for that, at least for developers (and that's more problematic on non-OLEDs)
    • user interface - how to easily switch between different types of effects so that it all makes sense and adheres to some kind of standard. Consistency is key

The default effects should be preserved for backwards compatibility IMHO.

edited June 2023

@arx said:
    From dev perspective, the issues here are:

• how to port existing digital signal processing algorithms into Deluge so that the CPU can manage that. We need to have CPU load meter for that, at least for developers (and that's more problematic on non-OLEDs)
    • user interface - how to easily switch between different types of effects so that it all makes sense and adheres to some kind of standard. Consistency is key

The default effects should be preserved for backwards compatibility IMHO.

A cpu meter would be very helpful also for other issues like overloading the deluge with tracks. Don’t know how to do that as I am a complete noob.

Better / other filters could be implemented in the filters list on the gold knobs. Other effects could live in the mod fx list. At least that’s how it would make sense to me.

Post edited by jensg on
    milkformycoconutmilkformycoconut GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 31

+1 on this, also check what is this guy already doing on this topic

Yes there is crazy development happening over at the discord / GitHub. they got a new filter, compressor, kit view, new lfo types, tons of stability enhancements etc. this is major progress in my eyes.

djAziddjAzid AmsterdamPosts: 199

this is major progress in my eyes

Yeah, but major progress needs major testing too.

@djAzid said:

this is major progress in my eyes

Yeah, but major progress needs major testing too.

Sure. You’re welcome to join the discord!

@jensg said:
    Yes there is crazy development happening over at the discord / GitHub. they got a new filter, compressor, kit view, new lfo types, tons of stability enhancements etc. this is major progress in my eyes.

is all this on official Deluge discord?

@milkformycoconut said:

@jensg said:

Yes. That’s where most of the discussions take place. Also the GitHub serves as a bug hunting ground.

It’s fun to be part of this but it equally eats your time :-)

@jensg said:

@milkformycoconut said:

@jensg said:

Yes. That’s where most of the discussions take place. Also the GitHub serves as a bug hunting ground.

It’s fun to be part of this but it equally eats your time :-)

i don't mind it, i just got Deluge and i am enjoying it

HotelsinusHotelsinus HungaryPosts: 30

@milkformycoconut said:
    +1 on this, also check what is this guy already doing on this topic

this is awesome!