Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Make Beatstep Pro send 3 sequences on 3 channels to 3 separate clips on the Deluge

davidvandenbordavidvandenbor NetherlandsPosts: 3

I'm also posting my question here, as it seems I've encountered a particular MIDI problem:

I have an Arturia BeatStep Pro connected to the Deluge (latest firmware). I want to use the Deluge as a sound module, loaded with multisampled instruments, and then use the Beatstep Pro for sequencing them. But I ran into this problem: The Deluge sends all incoming MIDI input to every track (and every clip) regardless if I set the midi channel in the Deluge clips to separate channels. Here's my workflow:

• Set the (purple) drum to channel 1 on the BSP
  • Set the (yellow) melody to channel 2 on the BSP
  • Go to the Deluge and: in Song Mode, create 2 tracks (or clips?) 1 clip has a kit, one clip has a synth.
  • Open the clip with the kit, set it to midi channel 1, and “learn” the input to the pads on the (purple) drum channel of the BPS (which was also set to send on Midi channel 1)
  • Open the clip with the synth, set it to midi channel 2, and “learn” the input to the pads on the (yellow) melody channel of the BPS (which was also set to send on Midi channel 2)

This is what happens next:
The sequences that I record on sequence 1 of the BPS (Purple channel) and sequence 2 of the BPS (yellow channel) BOTH get sent to BOTH the kit and the synth clips of the Deluge, even though I had set the kit clip to receive channel 1 and the synth clip to receive channel 2. The result is a cacophony of mangled sounds, it is as if the Deluge doesn't care if incoming channels were specified, they ALL get send to all clips. It's driving me nuts: the BPS cannot play the drum kit clip and the bass synth clip separately from each other when sequenced from the BSP. :-(

What I want to do in the end is:

• Use the 3 sequencers on the BPS, by setting them to send on channel 1, 2 and 3
  • Make 3 clips in a song, with a drum kit, a bass part and a piano part on the Deluge.
  • Use the BPS to sequence (play) them separate from each other.
    It was impossible to do.

Kind regards and thanks in advance, David!