Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Ping-Pong bug? Additional triggers?

hermansmasherhermansmasher AustriaPosts: 26

Hello friendly delugers :)

As I didn't really know how to frame a proper sentence describing my issue I made quick video demo:

I just want to know if it's me not understanding the ping pong mode on the deluge or if it is buggy?
According to my understanding (from other sequencers) the second kick at the end of the kit track shouldn't be there, while on the synth track it's working fine.

I'm using the firmware 4.1.3 and even tried 4.1.2 as well with the same result

Comments

AlterAlter TokyoPosts: 100
    edited April 2023

It seems that the ping-pong behavior is different between the kit and the synth track. The ping-pong in the kit track may have been designed to avoid shifting the first beat of the rhythm.

Post edited by Alter on
    rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 603

it's because kit row is set to one-shot so the full sample will play whereas synths defaults to gate so the time the gate is open for that last note is basically no time so you don't hear it. it's how ping pong is intended to work on the deluge. you can set the kit row to "cut" and it may behave more like the synth track

hermansmasherhermansmasher AustriaPosts: 26

Many thanks to both of you for your helpful responses :) It's just odd that I wasn't able to find any mentioning in the manual about it.

@Alter : Is this graph made by you? Because I couldn't find it in the manual.
    @reza : Changing the sample play mode work superb, thx.