Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

clips bouncing back and forth (not only moving forward)

hi all,
is this possible on the Deluge?
I want, say, 2 clips to alternate back and forth.
so clip 1 plays x times, then clip2 x times, then back to clip1 , etc.... I can get the clips to progress with repeat/share but cant get it to bounce back.
thanks

Comments

Yes, You have a few options for something like that.

Increase Clip A&B to your desired length overall, then delete the second half of Clip A and the first half of Clip B.

You could also use the arranger Mode but I guess you still want it to loop….

A thing that I like to do is connecting the MIDI out to MIDI in, and making use of the fact that you can learn each of Mute Buttons.

So you Create a new MIDI Clip and learn each of the Mute Buttons from Clip A&B to a different note. That way you can either launch a MIDI-Clip with said Note(s) or just play/press them to make the Clips switch.

The MIDI Out to in Thing would also work with Automations, to “manually” mute the Clips when the MIDI-Clip is launched.

Pro Tip for Ambient Music: Combine the MIDI-Clip that Un-/Mutes the other Clips with Note Propabilities and / or Random Arps and the Deluge can basically Play itself forever!