Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

CV/gate sequencing glitch

(re-posting as a question, with audio examples)

Hi all, haven't been able to find anyone else experiencing this issue.

I'm sequencing a Roland SH-101 and SH-2 and have noticed that when muting/launching clips in a song the CV sequencing will glitch at the start of the bar when other clips are muted/launched. The glitch sounds like a quick pitch descent (quickly sliding to the actual sequenced CV pitch) - or like the the gate sequence is slightly ahead of the CV sequence, so the step plays before the pitch is correct - or maybe it's just double-triggering?

This only happens for the first step of a sequence, immediately when another clip is muted/launched.
All other sequenced notes play fine. And if no other clips are muted or launched then the sequence plays fine.

Is this a known issue or has anyone else experienced it? Or can replicate it?

Melody playing fine:

First note of melody glitching while muting/launching other tracks:

Cheers :smile:

Answers

tombluetomblue Posts: 21
    edited March 2023

Can anyone confirm they can hear what I'm hearing?

Here a short melody plays twice normally, then twice with the glitch I described above, then twice very noticably when I turn auto glide on on the SH-101 (not portamento). This makes me think that the Deluge is double-triggering at the start of sequence when other clips are being launched/muted.

This does not happen when clips are shift-muted/launched, only on the first note after regularly muting/launching a clip. Doesn't happen with MIDI sequences or the internal synths, just CV, on both a SH-101 and the SH-2.

Not a CV/gate cable issue
    Not a power issue
    Not gate voltage
    Have tried messing with voltage per octave and transposing but no difference

I've now also noticed that CV sequences will occassionally lag or or double-trigger when switching between clip and song view. Maybe there's something funky going on with my Deluge?

Post edited by tomblue on

No response yet, can I assume this has been 'escalated to someone at Synthstrom' or should I send an email to support? Cheers!

synthriksynthrik Sweden Posts: 22

Hi,
    Here's what I'd suggest. If you have access to a oscilloscope, hook it up to the CV and gate outputs to see what's going on. If not, then attach an archive (e.g. ZIP) here with the song in question in the hope that someone on the forum can hook up a scope to have a look.
    Or if you have already contacted support and got an answer I'd be curious to know what it is. :)

@synthrik said:
    Hi,
    Here's what I'd suggest. If you have access to a oscilloscope, hook it up to the CV and gate outputs to see what's going on. If not, then attach an archive (e.g. ZIP) here with the song in question in the hope that someone on the forum can hook up a scope to have a look.
    Or if you have already contacted support and got an answer I'd be curious to know what it is. :)

Hi thanks for your suggestion! Unfortunately I don't have an oscilloscope.
    Unfortunately I have not heard back from any of the forum's Deluge experts, nor from anyone at the company. I'll contact them directly for support.

If anyone else experiences this issue - apparently it's a known issue that is currently being worked on