Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Default resolution?

dannymodannymo CaliforniaBeta Tester Posts: 8

I have read through the manual many times but I cannot fully understand what Settings->DEFAULTS->Resolution refers to. Specifically, if I turn off quantization, is this the resolution by which it will record incoming MIDI data? (ie, fine-grained quantization)? Or does it refer to how much a note gets nudged per nudge click? Something else? Any help understanding would be great, thanks!

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Yes, you are correct that the resolution affects both recording resolution and nudge. It also affects how far you can zoom in and the available sync resolutions for LFOs.
    Not sure if I’m forgetting anything, but those are the main things it affects that you’ll notice.

dannymodannymo CaliforniaBeta Tester Posts: 8

Thanks for the help! I think what confused me was that this is in the DEFAULTS category, but unlike the other members of DEFAULTS there doesn't seem to be a way to change it after you create a new song.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Yes, I forgot to mention, changing resolution isn’t applied until the next new song. Resolution is committed once a new song is made and is saved with the song.