Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Fold and File errors.

MuntyMunty United KingdomPosts: 6

I recently picked up a 2nd hand Deluge, (Bloomin love the thing) but not knowing if the card was original or not I downloaded the official sounds and copied them to a new good quality 32gb card. I downloaded 4.0.1 and flashed the unit, all well and good. Yes, I deleted the bin after flashing.
This mostly worked, but I get a FOLDer error when trying to save/load anything and sometimes randomly when scrolling through kits and synths. I've looked through loads of posts about deleting hidden files, needing 2 partitions, having to make directories on the card and on and on....

1. Why are folders not present in the download that are required?
  2. Why on earth can't the Deluge make folders that aren't there?
  3. How do I simlpy fix this problem without spending hours searching for solutions and randomly trying different things?

This is a new card, I'm not bothered about losing anything, I just want to get started. I can't save anything!

Many thanks.

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Is there a “SONGS” folder present on the root level? That is needed to save/load songs. Just make the folder if it isn’t there

0xF00xF0 Earth, Solar SystemBeta Tester Posts: 15

It would be super cool if you could stick a blank SD card into the Deluge (or a card with some folders missing) and it would just put the data it needs to find there - like a default config if there isn't one, etc. I don't expect it to be able to format the card (though that would be nice, even my simple point and shoot camera can do that) but at least setting up reasonable defaults like missing folders that can be empty strikes me as fairly common sense capabilities.

Yep, SONGS is there, I had to create it, but it's there.
    I also noticed today while practicing some stuff it randomly FOLDs or FAILs when trying to scroll through the synths. When this happens the kits disappear too. Turning it off and on sometimes solves the issue.
    The last odd thing I noticed today is when turning it on (nothing saved remember) random notes were lit and it started playing, I then couldn't stop it playing. I had to turn it off again.

Have I bought a pup, or does the Deluge suffer from these kinds of glitchy things?

@0xF0 said:
    It would be super cool if you could stick a blank SD card into the Deluge (or a card with some folders missing) and it would just put the data it needs to find there - like a default config if there isn't one, etc. I don't expect it to be able to format the card (though that would be nice, even my simple point and shoot camera can do that) but at least setting up reasonable defaults like missing folders that can be empty strikes me as fairly common sense capabilities.

Agreed, and it's not difficult, and I can't see any reason it shouldn't.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Maybe double check that the SD card lock isn’t engaged. That might explain the trouble.

I’ve not heard of there being random notes upon startup and refusing to stop. If that kind of thing persists I’d worry there is a hardware issue. If so, fill out this form:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeTP-eDaaDOmU4-WRXcVhQIoIBd8bkLC_Up4_Lt1RbYZXA-xQ/viewform