Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge Randomly Shutting Down

Louis_in_The_LabLouis_in_The_Lab Johannesburg South AfricaPosts: 16

I'll be playing on the Deluge and the front panel and screen will just randomly switch off. I then flip the on and off switch and then it turns back on. This has happened twice in the past week, the first time I thought that I had accidentally flipped the switch but now the second time I'm confident I didn't do anything wrong. What I also found to be very strange is the fact that the deluge was still sending midi notes to my synth even after the front panel and screen had shut down.

For context, here are all the devices connected to my Deluge. The deluge is sending Midi out data to an ESI M4U midi interface which then splits the midi signal to a Korg Monologue and a Korg Minilogue. As mentioned above, the Minilogue was still playing and receiving midi notes from the Deluge even after it had shut down. The deluge was not connected to power, but I didn't see the battery light go on either, so I don't think it died due to low battery. As mentioned, this this is the second time this has happened to me and I can't remember if the deluge was connected power the first time it happened.

I'm not really sure where to even start troubleshooting this issue because I haven't changed anything in my setup recently? Could it be an internal Deluge error, like a corrupted file in the SD card? Any help or guidance will be appreciated.

Tagged:

Comments

Louis_in_The_LabLouis_in_The_Lab Johannesburg South AfricaPosts: 16

I know exactly which song I was in when the device shut down. Are there any key words I should go look for in the XML code for the song?

Bay_MudBay_Mud OntarioBeta Tester Posts: 123

@Louis_in_The_Lab said:
    I know exactly which song I was in when the device shut down. Are there any key words I should go look for in the XML code for the song?

If you know the precise song causing the issue (which is a big help) I'd suggest collecting the files using the "collect" feature and emailing it to Rohan to help diagnose.