Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

OLED Deluge completely dead after trying to power on after installing the 4.1.3 update.

CADCAD Auckland, NZPosts: 15

I posted this in the 4.1.3 update post, but figured it's actually more appropriate here (i tried to delete the original but it wont let me).

Essentially when I went to turn on my deluge holding shift while powering it on, now the machine won't power on at all. It seems completely dead/ While I'm tempted to say it's update related I don't understand how that could happen? I'd powered it on and checked the update version before going through this process and had no issues.

Now the machine is giving a solid orange light while connected to AC power (a deluge myVolt charging cable). Nothing I do seems to get it to power on and I'm worried this process has somehow bricked my Deluge? Can I do anything to further trouble shoot or am I just going to have to send in to be repaired?

Cheers for any and all help.

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

This may have happened if the Deluge was interrupted while still updating the firmware. Unlike with the old screen, the OLED currently has no update animation for the screen. So when you update it remains blank until the update is finished.
    I would recommend trying the update process once more by holding shift while powering on and then let it be for a minute or so. Hopefully that should let the process finish and you should be good to go after that.

I'll try that now thanks!

@Too_Mere said:
    This may have happened if the Deluge was interrupted while still updating the firmware. Unlike with the old screen, the OLED currently has no update animation for the screen. So when you update it remains blank until the update is finished.
    I would recommend trying the update process once more by holding shift while powering on and then let it be for a minute or so. Hopefully that should let the process finish and you should be good to go after that.

This was it! Thank you!!! I was shitting bricks thinking I'd cooked my Deluge.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Nice! Happy I could help! 👍🏼