Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Does Deluge support pattern per instrument and a way to select them?

Hi.
I've just had some short time with a Deluge and I was wondering if there is a pattern feature, similar to other sequencers, where you have a "track" or "instrument" and you have different patterns associated to it. These patterns can be switched/selected (for example the Hapax has a "row per track" view and in each row you have the patterns stored, ready to be recalled/loaded.

TIA

Best Answer

Answers

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Yes, the Deluge does have patterns per track/instrument. Each clip is a pattern that belongs to an instrument/track. If it’s the same instrument as another, only one clip will play at a time.
    There is not a visual row or anything where all clips belonging to an instrument are in the same row in song view (looping). Arrangement view does however organize in that way: each row is an instrument/track and clips belonging to it are in that row.

Hi and thanks for your reply.
    I don't fully understand the "arrangement view", can you show me a picture with an explanation to this? I am not understanding it being similar to Ableton Live's view: the columns represent the tracks/instruments and the patterns belonging to a track are represented by (maybe half-lit?!) buttons in the same column. Am I right?