Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Kit Keyboard mode with "8 levels" and "8 velocities" for each sound/row in the kit

hardwarecorehardwarecore wisconsinBeta Tester Posts: 22

You would just hit the keyboard mode button while in a kit and, instead of step sequencing, you would switch to a mode where, for each sound in a kit, pads 1-8 would be 8 equally divided volume levels and 9-16 would be the same thing for velocity. You'd actually be able to finger drum with some real variation and then always be able to just switch back to sequencing mode by hitting the keyboard button again. I mean, come on, how cool would that be? It would go a long way toward fixing another of the Deluge's Achilles heels: lack of velocity sensitive pads.

Just had this idea while driving today and I just wanted to float it out there before I forget about it forever. I'm no coder or anything but it seems like this would be a relatively easy thing to implement but would greatly enhance the user experience.

Thoughts?.

Comments

AlterAlter TokyoPosts: 100

+1

16Level * 8 style in Hapax is also good.

AlterAlter TokyoPosts: 100
    edited June 2023
    Post edited by Alter on
    djAziddjAzid AmsterdamPosts: 199

Dunno how useable this is. It says somewhere it's an ui demo.

sven_blobsven_blob France Beta Tester Posts: 155

Fantastic, really love it dude ! Nice job <3

hardwarecorehardwarecore wisconsinBeta Tester Posts: 22

This looks AWESOME! I'm gonna give it a download and try to get some time on the Deluge with it tonight. :)

What I had envisioned was the 16 pads for each row being what you would use but I think this looks way more useable. It hadn't even occurred to me that 8 x 16 pads would fit the grid perfectly but it is the obvious solution now that I'm seeing it laid out.

It is so cool to see something already coming from the open sourcing of the code, especially since it's the thing I wanted the most. Thank you so much for putting this together and sharing it here!