Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Left channel output is 6db-12db lower than the right.

sgsrulessgsrules usBeta Tester Posts: 31

Recently I noticed that the left channel output on my Deluge is 6db-12db lower than the right. I'm not sure if this is a new issue or if it's always been there. I've had my Deluge for several years, but my hearing is better on my left ear so I might not have noticed it till now. When I hooked it up to Ableton I noticed that the left channels volume is about 6db-12db lower than the rights depending on the Deluge's main volume. The lower the Deluge's volume the greater the difference in level between the two channels.

I've tried the following:
1) Tested with New Song, and Synth, made sure that all panning is set to 0, no effects just the plain INIT patch. Same results using samples or any other audio source piped into the Deluge.
2) Tried multiple cables.
3) Used both the 3.5mm and 1/4" outputs.
4) Unplugged everything form the deluge except for the audio cables.
5) I hooked up another synth to my DAW using the same connections and it's levels are fine.
6) Re-flashed the Deluge's firmware.

At this point there's either a hidden panning/level control I'm not aware of or there's a fault with the hardware. I'm think it's probably the latter, and since it's affecting both outputs its not an issue with the ports.

Tagged: