β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

anybody had sound problems as described?

RadioRadio San Diego, CA, USAPosts: 6

HI,
I was working on a project and at some point I noticed that there was a background noise, sort of like a hiss. at first I thought it could be related to a connection: Deluge was connected to USB power, midi cables, and also had audio in in use.
I disconnected everything: the hiss was still there.
I saved and tried loading a different project: no hiss
then I reloaded the one from before: No hiss at first, but after maybe less than a minute of playing the hiss came back.
I tired resampling within deluge as it was playing (with the hiss) and it seems the noise is not present in the recording, which makes me think it could be related to the DAC.

Has anybody else experienced this? and if so, do you have a solution?
thanks all in advance for your help
d

Answers

AlterAlter TokyoPosts: 100

Try using internal battery power, balanced cables (1/4" TRS), or a ground loop isolator etc.

edited January 2023

Thanks, but everything was disconnected. the ringing/hissing was coming off the headphone jack, nothing else connected to Deluge

Post edited by Radio on
    volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

Do you use a wifi sd card?

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

actually I think the one that was inside is a wifi card (I bought it like that) but it wasn't connected to anything, I don't really use it.
    My concern is mostly because in a year and a 1/2 of more or less daily use it had never happened, so I was worried that it could be a sign of a HW issues.

Your thought is definitely something worth trying tho: I'll move the project to a different SD card and see if it still does that.
    thanks