Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Multi sample process…

cavengercavenger United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 11

I am new to the Deluge and I have a question about multi sampling. I know how to use logic’s multi sample tool to produce the samples. My questions are: 1) should I bother telling logic to sample multiple velocities? 2) what range of notes should I use? I am sampling from a vst. When I go to bring in the samples into the new synth on the deluge, it asks me about ranges and I am not sure what it’s asking me exactly. It gives me a choice for several note ranges and when I pick one it also shows me a bunch of samples. 3) what is a good best practice process with multi sampling with Deluge?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

AlterAlter TokyoPosts: 100

1 Deluge does not seem to support multiple velocity samples. 2 Deluge will automatically place the samples appropriately, so you can ignore the range dialog.

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

You can kinda use two set of samples, load 1 in osc1, the other in osc2 and set up the modulation so that lower velocities play 1 louder, 2 quieter, and higher velocities the other way around. Not the real deal but very usable. Need to tinker a bit with values but its here.

🅽🅾🆅🅸🅲🅴 🅳🅴🅻🆄🅶🅸🅾🅽🅸🆂🆃?

cavengercavenger United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 11

@Alter said:
    1 Deluge does not seem to support multiple velocity samples. 2 Deluge will automatically place the samples appropriately, so you can ignore the range dialog.

Thank you. Does it matter what I range I use to record the samples? Or is it just the more the better?

AlterAlter TokyoPosts: 100
    edited January 2023

I usually sample about 5 octaves (C1-C6) every 3 semitones.

Post edited by Alter on