Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

External keyboard sustain pedal not working

dtengadtenga Berlin GermanyPosts: 5

It Would be great IF the sustain pedal would work, since it is a beryktade expressive tolv to me, and a LOT of people. i can access CC64 for Pedal put it does not connect to an external sustain pedal trough a keyboard. MAYBE I am doing something wrong?

Comments

It Would be great IF the sustain pedal would work, since it is an important. And expressive tool to me, and a LOT of people I suppose . I CAN access MIDI CC64 for Pedal put it does not connect to an external sustain pedal trough a keyboard. MAYBE I am doing something wrong?

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

If you have a sustain pedal connected to the external keyboard, and it's sending cc via the keyboard, you patch the sustain pedal to Release time on the Deluge by entering the release parameter, either with the shortcut or thru the menu, and then hold the Learn button and click the sustain pedal - the Deluge screen should say LEAR to indicate that it's assigned.

I tried to assign the sustain pedal to release, but without success. When I assign the pedal , each time I press the pedal the numbers goes down one step ( 50 to 49 ETC) It works if you use a fader control, but not a pedal (on-off). Did you tried a pedal? I am just learning CC midi commands, so I am not sure if I am being the idiot here, or the deluge is not capable to register a sustain pedal .

It's your sustain pedal that's the problem, as mentioned in the linked post.

The solution would be to get a switch that only sends 0 and 127. Boss FS-5U does that, and they're pretty inexpensive :)

I went and bought the Boss FS-5U, but I have the same problem as the other pedals. It is not sending 1-127 to the assign release function. I think the deluge is not capable to use a sustain decal. If somebody has managed to have a sustain pedal working, please give me some info

edited January 2018

It's sending 0-127 to my looper etc. tho. Maybe what you're routing it through is messing up the signal.

I'm just using a CC button on one of my midi controllers as sustain on/off however :)

If you REALLY wanted to use a pedal and nothing else works, you could opt for this:
    midisolutions.com/prodfsw.htm

It converts a footswitch jack to midi

Post edited by Icoustik on

It's not the sustain pedal that's problem, or incorrect routing - any regular sustain pedal will do what dtenga is describing at the moment. @dtenga, you could try using a Yamaha FC3A which is a continuous sustain pedal and should give a whole range of values from 0 to 127 - therefore it should work just like a fader does. In the mean time you could give this feature request an uplike, unfortunately it seems to be just the two of us that like sustain pedals! http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/comment/1174/#Comment_1174

Oh! I see, cool. So it is something about how the Deluge reads the input then, probably?
    Hopefully it can be fixed

Thanks for the info, hernebaynoisecontrol! I will investigate if there are other options to the ‘delay” pedal problem.

AudioroticAudiorotic SeattlePosts: 21

+1