Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

unload samples

There is a quick an neat way to load complete folders into kits, which is very useful if you do not know precisely where the song should flow or just starting a song. If you do this a lot, you project may end up full of unused samples. Is there a way or tool to clean up the project from unused samples? This would decrease backup volumes. One way would be to load into each unused sample slot a very short silence wav.
I tried deleting a pad like you delete a track but I think this is not implemented as yet.

Intense Delugers, do you bother about this at all ?

Comments

AlterAlter TokyoPosts: 100
    edited December 2022

I tried deleting a pad like you delete a track but I think this is not implemented as yet.

If you do that process and save the song immediately, the deleted sample seems to be purged.

Post edited by Alter on
    TOTALTOTAL Posts: 111

How do you delete a sample though? as mentioned, did not seem to work.

AlterAlter TokyoPosts: 100
    edited December 2022

Pad + Delete button, as you mentioned. Then save the song. This will make the deleted samples permanently unloaded from the current kit. (I tested it on OLED Deluge V4.1.2)

Post edited by Alter on
    TOTALTOTAL Posts: 111

OK, thanks. I will check again on my LED 4.01.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

To clarify, within a kit, you need to hold a pad in the sequencer row for the sound you want to remove, not the audition pad, and then press save/delete.