Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Arrangement: Shift clip to the left (back in time)

Not moving even if nothing on the way?

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

If the leftmost column of pads is the beginning of the arrangement, 0.0.0, then you can’t scroll further. Scroll the view to the right first then try moving the clip and see if that works.

TOTALTOTAL Posts: 111

As in this vid:
    https://mega.nz/file/CVsQFYqb#79XourInXYf4CJWYYLu3hjS9M2aOim7eK2i3DeOm4J8

in the first seconds, the shift is successful and then undone. in the second, the dragged clip blinks until released, which is when it gets back to where it was.

(Pardon the low quality of the setting / recording. I have yet to come to terms with a proper camera stand).

update
    I have found out. When trying to move that clip to the right, it would reveal another one in seemingly exactly the same position.
    Magnifying view revealed that there are two clips in that sector. The first one does get moved freely, the second won't move as this would make them overlap.
    The unusual thing is that in view zoomed out pressing the clip start affects the second clip.

It seems dictated by how D maps clips: the longer clip does get shown in subsequent cells, so it is its beginning that shows at lower zoom, or else you would drag a clip you are not seeing.

With that in mind, this looks like something to be aware of rather than a bug.