Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Keyboard mode only 1 layout?

Hi,
I've just updated my Deluge to v4.0.1 & have searched the manual, but couldn't find anything about changing how the keyboard mode is arranged. Ie, I've turned off the scale (ie, using chromatic) & each row has many repeated notes, eg the 1st 3 rows all have C3; rows 3-5 all have C4; & rows 5-7 all have C5. What I want is for every step to be a different note, or at least not be so much overlap/repeated notes - Is this possible?

Also, I know I'm l8 to the party, but am loving the new wavetable functionality! Thanks for reading, wishing you all the best

Tagged:

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

The keyboard layout is indeed fixed, each row a perfect 4th apart. This cannot currently be changed. The range can be adjusted with the horizontal and vertical knobs.

Thanks for the reply @Too_Mere 👍 & yes I already know I can move around with the arrow knobs 😺

Hopefully, the layout can be changed in the future, as it would allow for ~10 octave range! (A bit more than the ~4 atm!)

Thanks again 🙏

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

No problem 👍🏼

PaulFreundPaulFreund GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 11

I'd also love to have a full in-key mode where only notes in the key are displayed. I hit out of key notes too often with my big fingers :smiley:

Suggestion would be Shift+Keyboard while in keyboard to change the mode.