Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Midi out not working

Hi all :)
The din midi out of my Deluge stopped working…
Can't understand : it was working perfectly, I switched everything off, and switched on a week later… without being able to use midi out anymore.
Midi in still working. Cv's are working too.
I changed cables, switched the gears to control, update the firmware, reset the Deluge… nothing fixed the issue…
Do you have any experience with this situation ?
Many thanks in advance,
Best

Tagged:

Comments

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 609

have you tried changing the midi clip's channel it's sending note date out? depending on what the midi is being sent to, that matters.

it would help if you described what notes or clips are midi on the deluge and what device has deluge's midi out plugged into it.

oscarabineoscarabine ParisPosts: 3

Many thanks for your quick answer.
    I tried severals channels, and severals devices : I want to control Perfourmer Mk2, Moog Sirin, Moog Miniature…
    Actually, everything was working fine before ! I can't understand what's different…

tobimacduevtobimacduev GermanyPosts: 1

Hey there,
    I've been having the same issue.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Regards

jesiahjesiah United StatesPosts: 8

I seem to be having the same issue. I can record over MIDI Din input from Hydra or Micron, get all the notes on the Deluge, but when I hit play, nothing is transmitted over Din out to either synth. The recorded notes work over USB, but the Micron and other old gear doesn't have that option... have tried different cables, different channels...

Clock out (over DIN) is working fine... I'm really confused and deflated. Thanks for any help!

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 609

@jesiah
    @tobimacduev
    @oscarabine
    i know this is an old thread from the beginning of the year, but in case this helps:

sending midi out notes to external gear only works if you're clip is a MIDI Clip. that midi clip's number (adjust by turning SELECT knob) determines what midi channel those notes are being sent to.
    you'll have to then check your external gear to be receiving at that same channel.

if you are using a hub to send to multiple devices, you'll want to make sure your hub is powered before turning the deluge on.
    if you are sending MIDI OUT to one piece of hardware, then out to another synth from the first, you'll want to make sure the synths between the Deluge and the last synth in the chain are via MIDI THRU.

if things still aren't working, let me know.

@reza - thanks for the reply! I barely remember making this post and must have figured it out, because things seem to be working... but I found this thread looking for an answer so hopefully anyone else finds it too. Thanks again!

PS - what I've noticed helps a lot is changing the MIDI channels and an occasional investigation of the global MIDI settings (Shift+Select Knob) to make sure it's all good. Also turning on the Deluge last, after everything else is on. Restart never hurts.