Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

SD card issues - Fold, etc. Nothing works!

killstringkillstring Ypsilanti, USAPosts: 3

So I've gone through this forum a couple times, but I'm having real issues.

I picked up the Deluge second-hand: all good, everything was delightful. I tried to load some samples on the card: I load up a kit with drum samples, all is well... but then when I try to go to another clip in song mode, it says Empty.

Okay, SD card issues. I'll reformat. FAT32, let's go.

Well now I have a brick.

Nothing seems to work: I'm getting FOLD despite there being a SONGS folder in the root directory, I'm using the most recent Factory Content, I refreshed the latest firmware...

Nothing.

Tried reformatting the cards (I have two that I'm trying, just in case one's broken), using the formatters recommended on the forum. I currently have RUFUS running, I suppose I'll know in an hour or so if that works.

What should I do? I'm losing my damn mind here, and the Deluge has gone from a source of joy to a mocking frustration.

Best Answer

rezareza los angelesPosts: 610
    Answer ✓

screenshot the root folder of you SD card. include hidden items if possible

Answers

Will do. SD card is currently going through a long format (I started at 11 EST, and it's not even halfway through yet), but this is the setup that I've been copy/pasting into the root of SD cards.

https://imgur.com/a/HlDpuA0

edited December 2022

Aaaaaaand now it's working. Same root structure, only now it works!

I guess I needed Rufus to scrub the card clean after that.

https://i.imgur.com/ZVEqzcr.png as it didn't embed for whatever reason

Post edited by killstring on
    rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 610

gotcha, here's something ian posted on a similar thread:

"Check "hidden files" on your SD card. You only want the bin file and the folder structure (samples, kits, synths, songs, etc), any weird other files might confuse it. Look at the top directory of the SD card on a computer and make sure you can "view hidden files". You're welcome to take a screenshot and share here or email: ian@synthstrom.com and I can let you know if any files that shouldn't be there"

RMORMO TotnesPosts: 5

@reza said:

"Check "hidden files" on your SD card. You only want the bin file and the folder structure (samples, kits, synths, songs, etc), any weird other files might confuse it. Look at the top directory of the SD card on a computer and make sure you can "view hidden files". You're welcome to take a screenshot and share here or email: ian@synthstrom.com and I can let you know if any files that shouldn't be there"

Ive reformatted to FAT32 twice and put the latest firmware on but it stalls out as soon as I make any input on the deluge. I cant see any hidden files on OSX. Its a pretty new SD card and receives files from OSX fine but deluge isnt having it? Even tried making a SONGS folder in the root.

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 610

@RMO said:

@reza said:

Ive reformatted to FAT32 twice and put the latest firmware on but it stalls out as soon as I make any input on the deluge. I cant see any hidden files on OSX. Its a pretty new SD card and receives files from OSX fine but deluge isnt having it? Even tried making a SONGS folder in the root.

hm, yeah ensure there's a SONG, SYNTHS, KITS, SAMPLES folder on root.

as for hidden files on mac, i don't have one to confirm with but try:
    "Whenever you insert an SD card or connect another data storage to your Mac, it appears in the left panel in Finder within Locations. If you go to that location and press Shift + Command (⌘) + Period, you'll be able to see hidden files on an SD card, a USB drive, an external hard drive, and so on"

Also, double check that the new firmware is for the right deluge version, if you have the OLED screen make sure it's the OLED firmware, if the old screen, the 7-segment newest firmware.

feel free to screenshot your root folder too, otherwise might be a good idea to contact synthstrom directly if something is wrong with your device.