Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Creating Kit from Mic Samples: Just Noise

bgeorgebgeorge TexasPosts: 4

Hello, trying to create a kit from samples from the mic. Nothing plugged in anywhere, just the naked Deluge.

1. Power on. SHIFT+KIT to make a new kit. Hit BACK cause it wants me to select a sample. I want to make my own.
  2. Hold AUD and hit REC, rec button flashes, I say "Yo baby" and then hit REC again.
  3. Press AUD to play the sample, it's just noise, nothing but noise.

I know that I've done this successfully in the past, but I can't figure out if I have some weird audio in setting somewhere stuck on LINE even when there is no input.

I found one post on this forum with a guy with a similar problem but no solution was posted. https://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/2737/is-my-deluge-broken

Best Answer

TraubTraub Posts: 8
    Answer ✓

@bgeorge said:
    Thank you for your help.

Notes for the curious:
    Opened it up, looks like there are two points where there should be solder, and only one of them is soldered? Anyway. I guess I'll have it looked at when I send in the unit for its OLED upgrade.

Kinda frustrating, second issue I've had with the unit, first was a really scratchy volume knob.

I have a bit of a scratchy pot as well - did you use contact cleaner?

Answers

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Sounds like a hardware issue. In the link you included from someone else having the same issue, they said they had to replace the mic and input jack.
    Only time I’ve had this happen to me is if I’ve forgotten that something was plugged into the input jack with no signal.

bgeorgebgeorge TexasPosts: 4

Thank you for your help.

Notes for the curious:
    Opened it up, looks like there are two points where there should be solder, and only one of them is soldered? Anyway. I guess I'll have it looked at when I send in the unit for its OLED upgrade.

Kinda frustrating, second issue I've had with the unit, first was a really scratchy volume knob.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

No problem. Sorry to hear that. Hope you can get it fixed soon!

AlterAlter TokyoPosts: 100
    edited December 2022

When selecting an audio source, select LEFT. to see if the microphone works.

Post edited by Alter on