Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

OLED "Bend Range" bug?

I think I found a bug, but it might just be user error. On the OLED Deluge:

Example 1:

• Create a basic synth patch
  • Hold "Shift" + "Transpose" for Osc 1
  • Hold "Learn" while using the pitch wheel of an external controller (plugged in via USB)
  • Screen should say "Learned"
  • Press "Back"
  • Use pitch wheel and note the range
  • Click "Select" -> Bend Range -> Normal
  • Change the value
  • Use pitch wheel and note the range is unchanged

Example 2:

• Hold "Shift" + "Select" -> Defaults -> Bend Range
  • Change the value
  • Create a new basic synth patch
  • Hit "Shift" + "Transpose" for Osc 1
  • Hold "Learn" while using the pitch wheel of an external controller (plugged in via USB)
  • Screen should say "Learned"
  • Press "Back"
  • Use pitch wheel and note the range is unchanged

Nothing I can do affects the bend range. Tried an Arturia Analog Experience 61 and also a custom controller with an Arduino Micro. For what it's worth, if I create a new patch, hold "Learn" + Audition Pad, and press a key on the Arturia, the keyboard works but the pitch wheel doesn't without learning it separately (which surprised me). Thanks for looking!

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

When you learn a keyboard to a synth using the audition pads, that should automatically map the pitch wheel to the pitch. Mapping to the transpose should not be necessary.
    I just tested with my keyboard and had no issue.

Ugh yep user error. By default, somewhat inexplicably, the Arturia sends pitch bend data in channel 1 and note data in channel 2. When I wasn't getting pitch wheel data because of this, I thought I had to manually learn the pitch wheel in the Deluge which explains why I was doing that with both the Arturia and Arduino.

Once I figured out how to get pitch wheel data and note data on the same channel in the Arturia, I confirmed that things worked as you described.

Thank you for taking the time to help.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

No problem. Glad you got it working 👍🏼