Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Charging battery

tbeltranstbeltrans Minnesota, USAPosts: 4

Hi,

Having just received my new Deluge, I read that I need to first charge the battery. My question is this,,,

I am color blind and can't tell the difference between yellow and green (and probably red when the battery is low) on the charging light. Can anyone tell me how long it takes to charge the battery so I can be sure it is fully charged?

Since we can run off of USB power, I assume it really doesn't matter how long it is plugged in to charge. I suppose I could just charge it overnight.

Anyway, do you have any guidance on this?

Thanks and wonderful piece of gear. By the way, this is my first post, so another question - When I select to post (discussion or question), I only have access to the help discussion and not the other categories. What do I need to do to be able to post in other categories?

Thanks,

Tony

Best Answer

rezareza los angelesPosts: 603
    Answer ✓

hey, welcome!

generally seems to take 5-8 hours to get fully charged. sometimes the battery remains yellow past that amount, but i think its most likely close to 99% charged after 8 hours. charge away!

just when the battery is about to die, a red light will start to flash, getting faster as it is about to power off.

as for posting in other categories, try hitting the New Discussion button when you are on the home page of the forums, seems that when you make a new discussion while already in a specific category, it will only give you an option to post in that category.

Answers

tbeltranstbeltrans Minnesota, USAPosts: 4

Thanks for the info, Reza. I see that you are located in Los Angeles. I grew up in the SF Valley, but left years ago when I went into the Army and settled elsewhere after that.