Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Mapping Midi-fighter Twister to Deluge

I just picked up a twister and I am having some issues getting it setup.
Has anyone else had any experience using this hardware?

Comments

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277
    edited December 2022

I don't, but if you use the search function on this forum you'll find quite a few posts about that.
    Maybe the most helpful is from @culblu (source: https://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/comment/13262#Comment_13262 )

DJ Tech Tools Midi Fighter Twister (out of box experience) - This one worked pretty ok out of the box. The endless encoder knobs are functional, but have the same limit as the xtouch mini (can only go from 0-50/ can't go negative). Also, the four different bans work well, but attempting to use the "press button on encoder and twist" to have it act as a different encoder didn't work at all. Also, attempting assigning the "button presses" of the midi twister wasn't successful. Kind of a bummer since I would love to be able to press and encoder to mute/unmute instruments or tracks from the controller directly.
    DJ Tech Tools Midi Fighter Twister (Updated experience) - So after typing the above entry, I did note that I hadn't updated the midi fighter twister yet, so I decided to give that a shot and see if it changed anything. I upgraded it from a firmware version "26 June 2014" to firmware version "02 Oct 2019". Behavior still the same as before sadly. Afterwards, I plugged the device back into my computer to check out some of the settings from the Midi fighter twister utility. I was delighted to see that there were SOO MANY Settings that allowed me to customize the device to actually send note messages!! After tweaking the settings, I was finally able to get the twister to a state that I could assign certain encoder presses to various midi functions. Now I can finally disable/enable tracks, press in a certain encoder to enable recording, or trigger a sound, and all of the other things you can normally assign with a midi controller. Also, the 6 side buttons can be assigned to different things as well, so that's some extra value! Will need to play around with it more to get it working exactly how I want it to work, but I now essentially have 4 banks of 16 endless encoders and buttons, and 6 side buttons (70 buttons and 64 encoders)! That's a good amount to do just about anything from a performance perspective :D Also, I still haven't gotten it to get past the issue where the encoders are stuck between 0-50 and they can't go negative (such as in vibrato), but I'll keep playing around to see if I can get past this. I'm assuming (at this point) that the issue is with the Deluge, and not the encoder since this problem is the same as the xtouch mini.

AFAIK there's no solution yet to the negative-values-problem, it's a deluge thing, not because of faulty midi gear.

Post edited by Heptagen on